One of the biggest problems when it comes to blogging is coming up with ideas about what to blog about. In this post, I’m going to discuss 7 ways to come up with all of those ideas quickly and easily.
Expand Original Scope
One of the best ways to come with blog post ideas is to take a existing topic and re-purpose it. To do this, incorporate the previous article and ask questions about your topic.
Change Positive to Negative
This tip comes from Ginny Sosky and it’s very simple. All you have to do is add “Not” or “No” to your title. This is very powerful as it is easier to come up with reasons not to do something then to do something.
What You’d Like To Learn
You might be surprised that what you feel you want to know can become a blog post, but I guarantee this method works. To do this, look up articles on current research on your topic, and then write up a blog post summarizing what people have said.
What You Believe
This type of blog post is best for giving your opinions; it’s also good for giving responses to other blog posts that you’ve read. Find an article and then branch off from it. Here are three things you can:
- Turn a positive statement into a negative
- Write a response blog post
- Grab elements and expand on them
How You’d Like To Help Others
Think of what you’d wish more people would know, and build off of that. These don’t have to be distant topics; you can also incorporate what you’re learning right now, and they could be current or passed things you’ve learned as well. The point of this method is to enable you to share your knowledge with other people.
What You’re Interested In
Try focusing on things that you’re passionate about and you enjoy talking about. These passions don’t have to be related to your work; they can be similar topics as well. This can also crossover with what you’d like to learn.
Create a Headline Before You Start
Creating the headline can help you focus on your topic as well as generate new topics for blog posts. They are three ways you can do this:
- Add a number. You can come up with a headline and then add a number to it. The best numbers that work for this are ones that are either prime or odd, as these numbers usually stand out.
- Use these headline templates. This is a fantastic infographic with a variety of titles that you can use as a starting point.
- Keep it to just 6 words. According to research by Buffer, the best headlines consist of just 6 words. This can be a great starting point; by constraining yourself to just 6 words, you might find yourself being able to come up with more ideas.
How are you creating blog post ideas? Let me know in the comments.